Subject: Re: headless install on ..?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/28/2002 12:26:14
On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:18:25PM -0400, Lord Isildur wrote:

> hello,
>
> congrats on some nice VAXen! the VLC has the distinction of being the
> smallest general production VAX made :-)

Wew!

> you can indeed do a serial console. however, not on the DB25 port, but on
> the MMJ port. It looks like an RJ12 except that the locking tab is offset

OK I have 2 of these offset MMJ cables to play with (labeled
DECconnect Office Cable) - I suppose I will look for an adapter or
maybe consider stripping on of these apparently rare cables. Do
terms run straight from these rj12's? I am too young to remember ;)

I'll keep an eye on ebay.com.au

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com