Subject: Re: headless install on ..?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/2002 22:18:25
hello,

congrats on some nice VAXen! the VLC has the distinction of being the
smallest general production VAX made :-)
you can indeed do a serial console. however, not on the DB25 port, but on
the MMJ port. It looks like an RJ12 except that the locking tab is offset
to one side instead of centered. It's a differential serial, but you can
make an adaptor fairly easily, esp if you have a spare RJ12 cable or can
crimp some rj12 connectors. The offset-tab mmj connectors are no longer
made. once you have a cable (look in the archive of the list for the
pinout, its been posted many times) it's 9600-8-n-1 and you're set.

happy hacking,
isildur