Subject: Re: ze0: xmit logic died .. again
To: None <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
From: Michael Schneider <ms@silke.rt.schwaben.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2002 20:30:55
On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 10:08, roart@nvg.ntnu.no wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:47:36PM +0200, Michael Schneider wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i don't want to believe it myself, but this little patch (below)
> > caused my VAX 4000/200's sgec to really behave:
> > - no "xmit logic died" message
> > - no ethernet lockups
> > - network performance seems ok, not lower than "normal".
>
> Could someone look at an equivalent timer for qe0, too?

Roar,

the code in /sys/dev/qbus/if_qe.c already is exactly like my patched
sgec.c, in the relevant sections.
And, at least my DELQA is not as evil as the sgec when it comes to the
dreaded "xmit logic died" message. It just stops for a short while
(maybe 10 seconds or so), whereas the sgec locks up the machine for a
minute or so. Without my patch, i mean.
So, it looks like the qe-Boards really "die" from time to time.
ms

--
Michael Schneider                       email: ms@silke.rt.schwaben.de
Germany                                  http://www.vaxcluster.de