Subject: Re: MicroVAX serial ports
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2002 12:52:18
Hi !

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Andy Ball wrote:
> If I start looking for a more modern MicroVAX for the sake of
> convenience, do any of them have three or four serial ports?

I think every VAXstation has 4 serial ports. One for keyboard, one for mouse, 2
"official" serial ports, where one is the serial console, if you don't use
keyboard/mouse/monitor.

Just a matter of how to adapt it, there is an adapter to convert VAXstation
2000 to MicroVAX 2000, which patches the Keyboard/Mouse-connector to the
2 other serial ports, on the other VAXstations i think you should make your
own adapter cable.

As i remember special NetBSD versions, which had tty00 and tty01 enabled in
/etc/ttys and so mangling kbd/mouse, it has support for those ports.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX