Subject: Re: RX02 driver (was: Re: ze0: xmit logic died .. again)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/2002 00:41:38
On 2002.07.15 00:28 Lord Isildur wrote:

> I can send you a KZQSA, i have no docs for it though
AFAIK M. Kukat has one too and perhaps he can lend it to me if I get the
docs to do somthing with it. But first we need docs...

> re the CI docs, i take it the Ultrix kernel sources arent useful
> enough to reverse engineer enough functionality from?
BSD has suffered from copyright issues in the past. I won't do anything
that gets BSD in trouble again. Reverse engineering can be problematic
in that sense, especially when it is done on bais of copyrighted closed
source code. And if reverse engineering is legal, I will never look at
the Ultrix source to stay "clean". Analyzing the code and writing the
doc has to be the work of someone else.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen