Subject: Re: VAX 4000-108A (SUCCESS!)
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Hugh Graham <hugh@openbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/30/2002 21:34:23
On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 11:52:31PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On June 30, Hugh Graham wrote:
> > It's ridiculous that the enmity of a half dozen higherups who had a
> > falling out soon after the genesis of NetBSD should continue to play
> > itself out with petty mailing list policies.
>
>   In all fairness, it was *years* after the genesis of NetBSD.  But
> yes, it is a shame that such a level of animosity can persist for so
> long. :-(  (Not that I'm not guilty of it myself, to be sure..)

You're correct, but what this means depends on your perspective.

Since I couldn't locate changelogs, these figures are a count of
messages posted to NetBSD's source-changes, post 1993.

1993    1936
1994    7061
1995    4342
1996    5725
1997    9202
1998   14534
1999   23660
2000   30524
2001   30524+? (I haven't got an archive)
2002   30524+? (I haven't got an archive)

Theo's activity was frozen late in 1994, and although NetBSD had been
around for a while, things apparently were only just getting rolling.

/Hugh