Subject: Re: VAX 4000-108A
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@iki.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/2002 04:03:16
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 08:48:55PM -0400, Lord Isildur wrote:

> nope, they dont work. the decstation memory, while more plentiful and
> mechanically deceptively compatible is not compatible. its a bummer.

Yeah. It's a shame as i have dozen of those 8MB chips.

> no, it isnt! you got yourself one of the finest VAXen a man can carry
> without the use of a forklift!
> congratulations!

I know it's one of the finest. That's why i saved it from being
destroyed. I actually did my research before i promised to take care of
it :)

If needed, i can put that 'online' soon. I have ADSL-line with dynamic
IPs, but that's just small limitation when there is DNS.

Ie. someone is needing that kind of machine (as much it's possible
remotely) for

a) making bootblocks for SCSI (heh)
b) doing something with DSSI

If someone living near Helsinki, Finland is actively developing
something (NetBSDish), i can loan that machine for him/her.

               ___o     </\_    upi@iki.fi
   /\o_      _ \<,_   __/\      <URL: http://www.iki.fi/upi/ >