Subject: Re: VAXStation 100?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/2002 20:12:51
> A Vaxstation 100 is the FIRST decwindows workstation.  It is in a box
> the size of a PRO 380, and interfaces to a Unibus controller board
> via 2 fibre cables.

Oh, my, that brings back memories.  Back in my larval stage I used an
11/780 with a Grinnell Systems display (under VMS, and then later some
BSD - probably 4.2 and later mtXinu 4.3+NFS).

It was a whole cabinet of its own, with its own unibus card(s?)....

Pretty fancy, tho.  And one facility it supported is one I haven't seen
in any graphics hardware since.  (Effectively, three independent SP3T
switches, selecting which pixel subfield controls each lookup table
input, and another similar bank between the lookup tables and the
guns.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign