Subject: Re: VAXStation 100?
To: None <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: David R Barnes <dbproductions@juno.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/2002 19:16:05
A Vaxstation 100 is the FIRST decwindows workstation. It is in a box the
size of a PRO 380, and interfaces to a Unibus controller board via 2
fibre cables.  Special software needed also predating decwindows... used
to have one on my Vax 11/730... it was VERY cool..

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:09:19 -0700 (PST) Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
writes:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Chuck McManis wrote:
>
> > Ok, so I just picked up a VAXStation 100. It looks a lot like a
> MicroVAX
> > 200 in a different box, but there is conflicting information about
> it on
> > the net. Is it just a "terminal" that happens to be a VAX (sort of
> the
> > predecessor to the VXT?) or what? I'm going to look through my
> collection
> > of CONDIST's to see if I can find VAX Display Services and install
> them on
> > one of my VMS machines.
>
> Aside from wondering what a VAXstation 100 is, what the hell is a
> MicroVAX 200?  Got any pics?
>
> -brian.

David Barnes
dbproductions@juno.com
OpenVMS , Tru64, Linux, NetBSD guru!  LONG LIVE OPENVMS!!!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.