Subject: Re: GCC to retire VAX support!?
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2002 09:32:03
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:26:34AM -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:

 > ALERT!
 >
 > I have heard that GCC maintainers consider dropping VAX support
 > alltogether. That would be a major problem wouldn't it? I have
 > a source quoting Mark Mitchell as follows:

No, they're not considering dropping VAX support altoghether.  They're
considering dropping VAX VMS support.

In fact, there is quite active development on getting our elf32-vax
support into GCC (it's already in master binutils now).

Don't worry, as the "NetBSD host and target maintainer" for GCC,
I won't let the VAX target get deleted :-)