Subject: Re: GCC to retire VAX support!?
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2002 12:33:21
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:26:34AM -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:
> ALERT!
>
> I have heard that GCC maintainers consider dropping VAX support
> alltogether. That would be a major problem wouldn't it? I have
> a source quoting Mark Mitchell as follows:

*sigh*

> Who knows more about this? It does require some action doesn't it?

since 3.x has only mostly sucked so far, i would say that the correct action
is to branch 2.95.x off and run with it ourselves.  and maybe make it ANSI
compliant while we are at it (been porting GCC useable code to MIPSpro and
Forte lately, i'm really starting to hate GCC-isms more than i ever have)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --