Subject: Re: SPX / color support
To: None <f.dei@gmx.de>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2002 20:30:33
On 15 Jun, Felix Deichmann wrote:

> I have a VAXstation 3100 M38 with the SPX color graphics option. I'd like to
> see X running on this box, but I don't know if it's supported. I can't find
> definite information on that topic.
SPX is not supported and maybe never will be. Doc about it seams to be
made out of unobtainium.

> Is for example the "clr0" as found in the GENERIC kernel working?
No. AFAIK there are some bits of support for GPX present, but nothing
that will really work. The "smg" mono framebuffer is supported for
console only. There was a sort of working Xserver, that was superseded
by the plan to write a platformindependend Xdec, that includes the
VAXstation smg.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen