Subject: Re: VAX ISO CD's bootable?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2002 22:01:31
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>

>     Toast v3.54 on Mac OS 9.1. The vaxcd.iso is mounted using
>DiskCopy 6.33, per the instructions for making up NetBSD/Mac CD's.
>That version of Toast won't mount it, although it is supposed to be
>able to mount CD images of some sort (probably *.image files). I
>thought the VAX CD was in ISO 9660 format.

Sure, but the ISO 9660 standard allows for the machine-dependent bootstrap
to be located outside of the file area.  That's why you want to burn the
raw image, rather than exploding it to individual files and then making a
new ISO filesystem from that.

No point in saying this, but this kind of thing is insanely easy with
cdrecord...

John Wilson
D Bit