Subject: Re: VAX ISO CD's bootable?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2002 17:50:15
On June 14, M J Dowden wrote:
> At 11:23 AM -0700 6/14/2002, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
> >
> >Since the downloaded image is just that (an image of a complete file system)
> >you need to find the option in your software that lets you copy the
> >file to the disk without any further modification.  I believe that it
> >is called DiskImage format.
>
>      My version of Toast won't do that. I have to mount the disk image
> (which then appears to the OS as a disk) and then make a CD of that
> image. I downloaded NetBSD/VAX v1.52 to test it out, but I can't get
> it to work. I tried three different versions of ISO 9660 (Level 1, XA
> and Joliet). The error message (in all three cases) is:

  Uhh, what?  I've been using Toast to make VAX bootable CDROMs
(Ultrix mostly) for years.  Don't mount the disk image...just tell it
to use an existing disk image.  What version of Toast are you using,
and on what platform?

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar