Subject: Re: VAX ISO CD's bootable?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2002 17:11:51
At 11:23 AM -0700 6/14/2002, Carl Lowenstein wrote:

>Since the downloaded image is just that (an image of a complete file system)
>you need to find the option in your software that lets you copy the
>file to the disk without any further modification.  I believe that it
>is called DiskImage format.

     My version of Toast won't do that. I have to mount the disk image
(which then appears to the OS as a disk) and then make a CD of that
image. I downloaded NetBSD/VAX v1.52 to test it out, but I can't get
it to work. I tried three different versions of ISO 9660 (Level 1, XA
and Joliet). The error message (in all three cases) is:

>>>boot dua3
(BOOT/R5:0 DUA3)

   2..
-DUA3