Subject: Re: VAX ISO CD's bootable?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2002 11:23:03
> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:01:39 -0400
> To: port-vax@netbsd.org
> From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
> Subject: Re: VAX ISO CD's bootable?
>
> At 12:30 PM -0400 6/14/2002, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> >
> >I have installed 1.5 on almost all my vaxen off bootable cdrom..  No
> >problems.
>

>      OK, my CD writer's software (Toast) offers a number of options.
> ISO 9660 level 1, Joliet extensions, DOS filenames, etc. Are any
> particular settings necessary? It is necessary to write the files to
> the CD in any particular order? Are any special boot flags necessary?

Since the downloaded image is just that (an image of a complete file system)
you need to find the option in your software that lets you copy the
file to the disk without any further modification.  I believe that it
is called DiskImage format.

    carl
--
        carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                  clowenstein@ucsd.edu