Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Smith <eric@brouhaha.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2002 10:58:09
Johnny Billquist wrote:
> I think that even all those together don't match up to a single KL-10.
> Not to mention a KI...

The KI10 has fairly modest power requirements compared to a KL10.  The KL10
contains more circuitry, and much of it is 10K ECL, which consumes far more
power than TTL.

Brian Hechinger wrote:
> hmm, i knew they were power hogs, but i didn't realize exactly how much
> power they used.  that is quite a bit.
>
> hmmmmm.  looks like i'll will definitely be needing warehouse space
> now. ;)

The site preparation docs give the power consumption of the KL10
as 21.6 KW.  This doesn't include any disk or tape drives, communiations
processors, or other peripherals or options.