Subject: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: None <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Christopher R. Zach <cz@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/2002 07:25:12
>Guess this is the moment to mention that we still have two -2060s here
>then. :-)

One could also get a KS10 (the closet sized Decsystem20/20). They have
switching power supplies for the main chassis, and actually don't draw that
much power. The TU77 does, but you don't need that online 7 by 24.

As for disk, I've pretty much given up on getting SCSI to run on MASSBUS, and
now simply run two RM80's. They don't suck much power; less than the older RM03
drives and a lot less than the RP06/07's.

Hm. Come to think of it, I wonder if I could swap the HDA for an RA81 into an
RM80, then hack the microcode to see the extra tracks/sectors. 450mb on a
spindle would be "nice"

Chris