Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: Zane H. Healy <healyzh@aracnet.com>
From: Robert E. Seastrom <rs@seastrom.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2002 12:05:42
"Zane H. Healy" <healyzh@aracnet.com> writes:

> >> would it be worth me subscribing to the port-pdp10 list, or are the
> >> PDP-10 and 11 radically different (apart from in size)?
>
> What is port-pdp10?  Is there an attempt to port NetBSD to the PDP-10?

I had the same reaction you had.  Someone appears to have created that
mailing list.  My guess is that either the person(s) who was
suggesting it are young enough to be lacking perspective about the
advisability of porting Unix to a 36-bit machine, or that it's
someone's idea of a joke.

                                        ---Rob (KS-10 S/N 4344)