Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh@aracnet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2002 08:49:34
>If the sticker says 11C23 then it's most likely a 11/23, yes.

The only way to tell for sure though is to check the number on the handle
of the CPU board.  Just because the chassis started out as a /23 doesn't
mean it's a /23 (after all my PDP-11/73 says on the chassis it's a MicroVAX
II).

Once you have the number from the handle, check the following list.
http://world.std.com/~mbg/pdp11-field-guide.txt  You can also use the list
to identify the rest of your boards.

>> would it be worth me subscribing to the port-pdp10 list, or are the
>> PDP-10 and 11 radically different (apart from in size)?

What is port-pdp10?  Is there an attempt to port NetBSD to the PDP-10?

			Zane
| healyzh@aracnet.com (primary)    | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |