Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: Antonio Carlini <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2002 14:15:02
Antonio Carlini wrote:

>>It has a 75Mb drive and 512Kb of RAM, and I hope to stick 2.11BSD on it.
>>Ideally I would like to increase the ram to 1Mb (or more if at all
>>possible), and the disk capacity to 200Mb. Does anyone know of a source
>>of memory and disks for these beasts?
>
> Sounds like you have an RD53. You may be able to get
> an RD54 (~159MB) otherwise you'll have to
> go for a 3rd party ESDI or SCSI disk.

I haven't had a chance to open the case (a BA23 I think) yet,
but when I do I'll make a list of what's inside as per your
advice. I'll also have a look at the newsgroups you suggest -
many thanks for the pointers.

I'm assuming I can't just put a pair of 100Mb SCSI disks (left
over from upgrading my VS3100) straight into a 1979 vintage
PDP-11. I suppose I need a SCSI to Qbus card, unless I already
have one. Hmm, I think I better take a look at the documents
you provided URL's for ...

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)