Subject: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2002 12:51:36
Sorry for the off-topic posting, but this is the most relevant forum I
can think of for asking PDP-11 questions.

I have just acquired one of these machines, which looks quite modern but
appears to be of 1979 vintage. Does anyone know how I definitively work
out what model it is? As I say it looks quite modern, but a sticker on
the back say 11C23 which I guess makes it an 11/23. I poked around the
PUPS website, and can't find any pictures to confirm this.

It has a 75Mb drive and 512Kb of RAM, and I hope to stick 2.11BSD on it.
Ideally I would like to increase the ram to 1Mb (or more if at all
possible), and the disk capacity to 200Mb. Does anyone know of a source
of memory and disks for these beasts?

would it be worth me subscribing to the port-pdp10 list, or are the
PDP-10 and 11 radically different (apart from in size)?

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)