Subject: RE: unable to build lib/libc on VAXstattion 4000 90a
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2002 16:19:39
On June 4, Jan H. van Gils wrote:
> > heh, sounds like an intel ethernet interface. they were doing stupid
> > stuff to me too, and i threw them out and replaced them with tulip cards
> > i found in the supply cabinet.. :)
>
> So I have a "stupid NIC", but can somebody then explain to me why
> the Kernel build running from the same nfs mount has no problems ?

  Higher-level error handling/resends in NFS, maybe?  I haven't done
anything with RPC; not sure if it adds an extra layer or not...but if
it does, that might explain it.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar