Subject: RE: unable to build lib/libc on VAXstattion 4000 90a
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Jan H. van Gils <JanVG@Knoware.NL>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/04/2002 16:38:42
Anders,

> > /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/assert.c: In function `__diagassert13':
> > /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/assert.c:123: warning: implicit declaration of
> > function `qizeof'
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea what is going wrong ?
> >
> Yes, most likely you have stored these files on a machine which have
> a bit-error in bit 1 somewhere in its memory, therefore causing s to
> become q. This is most likely a PC because they normally don't have
> parity memory and this won't be detected. The VAXen all have parity
> memories so it's not likely it is caused there.

Yes, I am using a nfs filesystem on a PC with Linux Debian.(the VAX only
has 1001MB on harddisk space) The kernel build works fine, and it on the
same nfs filesystem !

The object files are in /usr/obj.vax

Is it possible that there is an other problem ?

> You should refetch this, it may be broken in some less obvious places
> besides this.

As I mentioned before, I already completely re-supped the source tree

> -- Ragge

Greets, Jan

----
With regards Jan H. van Gils
Internet web-page http://www.Knoware.NL/users/janvg/
Internet e-mail address JanVG@Knoware.NL
RIPE Whois JHG5-RIPE, 6BONE Whois JHG1-6BONE