Subject: Re: Bootblocks for MV3100m95
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2002 22:04:28
Hi !

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > Aha. So if there is a major rewrite going to happen, I can skip this, as
> > I don't want to do work that goes into the bit bucket soon.
> > Ragge et al.? Is there a new attraction upcoming in this area?
> >
> Hm, I can't recall what that change should be? Also, booting from anything
> should be possible even now, the boot loader just uses the rom routines
> if no local driver are available.

Really? I remember something of telling you about my plans to fix the
bootloader, saw some efforts of a driver change (real SCSI drivers and so in
the bootloader), and i think you said something about rewriting the bootloader
stuff.
Could i go that wrong? Maybe i should hunt for lower radiation monitors :)

But so... i think i should have a look into it. When is 1.6 release planned?

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX