Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram (or on MVII?)
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2002 11:49:10
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 03:32:09AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

Why did I knew that this will trigger you? ;-)

>   FDDI activities? 8-)  Tell me more!
Nothing special. EPaying fibre cables, trying to get a concentrator
back to live (still dead), got an other wortking concentrator[1],
trying to get that Interphase 4211 "Peregrine" VME FDDI card
going in my SGI Personal IRIS 4D30 with IRIX 4 (still dosn't work),
swaped a 3COM FastEthernet EISA card from my Indigo^2 with the
SGI GIO64 FDDI card of a friend[2], trying to loosen a DEFTA or
two from an other friend for my DS5k240 and the DEC3k600, ...
There are other upcoming attractions like a Sun 600MB board
with SM40. And I know where a Sun VME FDDI card is and what
I have to pay for it (360MB 5.25" SMD disk).
This was added to my already existing installation. (DEC PWS500au Alpha
with DEFPA, Cabletron 10BaseT switch with FDDI uplink, Sparc 5 with
crappy SBus FDDI card.)

[1] Nice Thing. Hirschmann MC 10-03. Redundant PSU, hot swappable
modules, ...

[2] He thinks he made a good deal, as he got FastEthernet in place of
a "useless" FDDI card. But I know why I threw out the 3COM PeeCee crap.
The 3COM gets about 3MB/s, the FDDI card 8.5MB/s. :-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen