Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram (or on MVII?)
To: None <NA4G@aol.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2002 09:27:16
On 2002.05.29 04:53 NA4G@aol.com wrote:

> Gosh... 14 hours to compile kernel on a 4000/60.
That is to much. There must be somthing wrong. My VS4k90 needs 1,5
hours. A VS4k60 should need 3 to 4 hours.

> That makes my 9 hour MVII compiles zippy!  But,
> why does Tahoe compile in less than 1 hour on
> the same MVII?  (:+\\.....
1. Only 8MB kernel source
2. _Very_ different und much faster compiler.

> Anyone get the elf snap or something remotely
> approaching current up on an MVII, yet?  Tell me
> how.  Mine locks up in the boot process.  I
> get the boot netbsd msg, and then it totally
> locks up the machine, requiring a hard reset.
The same here. I wantet to boot a -current kernel on my MV4k200 and it
hung soon after mounting /. Unfortunately I had to no time to
investigate this due to my FDDI activities...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen