Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram (or on MVII?)
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se, mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: None <NA4G@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2002 22:53:11
If someone has something fast on an MVII, kindly
tell me where I can get my hands on it.  1.5 is
slower than 1.4.3 in my machines, by some 20% or
so.  I am waiting to try the new 1.5.3, 1.4.4,
and anything related to 1.6.  The elf snap just
would not go anywhere after the initial boot.
I have two 4 drive MVII's waiting for something
zippy.  So far, in my machines, 1.4.3 seems to
be about as good as it gets, or I am doing
something very wrong with these 1 horsepower
end tables......

Gosh... 14 hours to compile kernel on a 4000/60.
That makes my 9 hour MVII compiles zippy!  But,
why does Tahoe compile in less than 1 hour on
the same MVII?  (:+\\.....

Anyone get the elf snap or something remotely
approaching current up on an MVII, yet?  Tell me
how.  Mine locks up in the boot process.  I
get the boot netbsd msg, and then it totally
locks up the machine, requiring a hard reset.

Yeah, I know, MVII's are not exactly production
type boxes, but, when I get them for a buck or
two each, they are just plain fun to play with!

Bob