Subject: More on KFQSA in KA680. Still trying.
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2002 17:03:07
My new BC21M cable arrived today, and I plugged it into the
KFQSA on the Vax 4000.  With this cable, the KFQSA is still
failing to see the DSSI drives.  I also tried changing the
switch settings on the board.  They had been set to
off-off-off-off.  I checked the board I have at home
that's in a Microvax, with BA213 chassis, and it is set
to on-on-off-off, which is supposed to correspond to
"primary MSCP".  Changing to those settings yields the following
from show dev (I've removed the TKQ70 to simplify things).

session.log:
sh dev
DSSI Bus 0 Node 4 (WOLLY)
-DIA0 (RF73)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 5 (OLIVER)
-DIA1 (RF73)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 6 (*)

DSSI Bus 0 Node 7 (BIRGIT)
-DIA3 (RF73)

DSSI Bus 1 Node 7 (*)

UQSSP Disk Controller 0 (772150)

Ethernet Adapter
-EZA0 (08-00-2B-33-C9-69)

Now the controller is only showing up once.  I remember that
with the Microvax setup, you had to put the switch settings
at on-off-on-on, to go into "service mode".  Is this necessary
here?  I wouldn't think so, as the drives are already set up
to talk to the onboard DSSI controller.

(I've got the cable from the KFQSA going to Bus 0, which
is set at Node 6 (see above).

Thanks for the help,
Doug