Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2002 09:45:45
I had the unpleasant experience last week of installing 1.4.1 on a
microvax II with 5 megs of memory. it was very slow. it seemed even
slower than it shoudl have been,. given that with just a shell going and
whatever started up by default from init, vmstat still reported a (small)
amount of free memory. I scavenged some more memory and it runs much better
with 13 megs. I was somewhat disappointed, since 1.4.1 was supposed to
have been faster than the later releases, too.
isildur