Subject: Re: CompacTape III in TK70
To: Paul Thompson <thompson@new.rr.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2002 12:01:01
On Sun 26 May 2002 at 12:58:25 -0500, Paul Thompson wrote:
> There is a plastic ridge in the tape housing which prevents insertion on
> the 70. I have never tried grinding off ridge to see if the media would
> work...

Once I put a CompacTape I (for TK50) in a DLT drive. It fit and appeared
to work at first, but the tape leader takeup thingie inside the drive
got loose and we had to call service. I just told them I put in an
apparently bad tape so we got it fixed with no further trouble (apart
from the annoyance).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woo betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.