Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2002 09:35:31
On May 26, Ken Seefried wrote:
> >   No offense taken...sorry to bust back.  I have no interest in
> > participating in a flame war with you, and I apologize for having
> > inadvertantly started one.  But simply, your attitude seems to reflect
> > the opinion that the x86 is the end-all, be-all of computing, "where
> > the world is going" and so forth, and it just so happens that I know
> > better...so I had to speak up.  I'm sorry to disagree with you, for I
> > have great technical respect for you as well.
>
> I can't for the life of me see how this went from an attempt (clearly a
> failure) at good natured ribbing to a "flame war".  And now I've become some
> kind of Intel bigot (amusing conculsion, but unsuprising for anyone with the
> audacity not to condemn them out of hand, I suppose).  Of course, this is
> Usenet, and I suppose I've seen enough "vi v. emacs"-style fun to know that
> what I said wouldn't be treated in the spirit which it was offered.

  VI?!  OH MY GOD!!  VI SUCKS!  Use EMACS!!   (sorry, couldn't resist)

> I should know better.  My bad.

  Not at all.  We don't know each other that well, but I do know you
well enough from your traffic here to know that you're NOT an Intel
bigot.  So consider yourself ribbed back.  In a BIG way. ;)

> >   I really should learn to ignore stuff like this, I suppose.
>
> Indeed.  Me too.  Sorry for the diversion folks.  I'll go back to my evil
> Intel cabal and continue to plot the downfall of western civilization
> through bad computer architectures...hmmmmmm, segment registers...:-)

  Is that a segment register in your pants, or...

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "Actually, I've found that I rarely wear
St. Petersburg, FL                    pants in Florida." -Sridhar