Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2002 13:11:28
Dave McGuire writes:

>   No offense taken...sorry to bust back.  I have no interest in
> participating in a flame war with you, and I apologize for having
> inadvertantly started one.  But simply, your attitude seems to reflect
> the opinion that the x86 is the end-all, be-all of computing, "where
> the world is going" and so forth, and it just so happens that I know
> better...so I had to speak up.  I'm sorry to disagree with you, for I
> have great technical respect for you as well.

I can't for the life of me see how this went from an attempt (clearly a
failure) at good natured ribbing to a "flame war".  And now I've become some
kind of Intel bigot (amusing conculsion, but unsuprising for anyone with the
audacity not to condemn them out of hand, I suppose).  Of course, this is
Usenet, and I suppose I've seen enough "vi v. emacs"-style fun to know that
what I said wouldn't be treated in the spirit which it was offered.

I should know better.  My bad.

>   I really should learn to ignore stuff like this, I suppose.

Indeed.  Me too.  Sorry for the diversion folks.  I'll go back to my evil
Intel cabal and continue to plot the downfall of western civilization
through bad computer architectures...hmmmmmm, segment registers...:-)

Ken