Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: None <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2002 11:53:53
On 26 May, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Intel has produced several really good CPU
> architectures over the years; x86 just isn't one of them.  (Indeed,
> one of their better ones, the 8051, is being produced in quantities of
> more than a million chips per month, and I'm writing code for one in
> another window right now)
The 8051 is crap IMHO. I used a 8051 derivate once and I will never do
this mistake again. Since this experience I use the Atmel AVR. Nice,
clean and quite orthogonal 8 bit RISC arch.
The i960 was a good arch. I was really surprised when I got into it,
because it was sane and good and well done, although it was Intel.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz