Subject: Re: FW: VAX hardware in Canada...
To: Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson@ieee.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/2002 15:30:02
much of it is, some of it isnt. DSSI is still not supported, for example.
There is precious little documentation on the inner workings of CI, even
in the TMs for e.g. the KA680. This cluster had scsi disks, so one of the
machines has a scsi card in it too.. If it talks MSCP, NetBSD can use that.
Otherwise it's netboot and diskless operation in its future (unless one wants
to put esdi or mfm or sdi disks, etc, on it :)
Running VMS, these are very fast machines..
isildur