Subject: Re: Stuck tape in TK50 drive... how to remove?
To: None <NA4G@aol.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/20/2002 11:11:46
tension doesnt mean anything in a TK/DLT tape.. that was only important on
QIC tapes and others like them with that silly friction on the tape
method of moving the tape. TKs automaticall 'retension' if you will,
every time the tape is loaded and wound onto the other spool..
As for yout problem of the drive not rewinding, you might want to try
just shutting it off and bringing it on again. If the sensors are still
operational that detect if the tape is present, and the load/unload
button is 'out', in the unload position, then typically TKs i have seen will
rewind the tape when they first start running. yes, manually rewinding these
things is an awful experience!

good luck with it
isildur