Subject: Re: look at the VAX 11/780 in action
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2002 22:11:57

> What I'm really wondering is how can one see a directory listing of
> the various diskettes from the console program?

Far away in my memory something says: Type @DIR, it will then try to
execute the directory contents, så you get a somewhat ugly listing but
better than none. The DIR command was added on the 11/785.

> How do I start the diagnostic supervisor?

LOAD ESSAA.EXE/S:FE00
START 10000

(but it will not work if you haven't been able to load the WCS correctly).

> Could it be that I'm missing any boards? It's so empty in there.
>  From left to right:
>
> M8236
> -
> FP780 slots empty
> -
> M8235
> M8234
> - empty     this and
> M8238
> - empty
> - empty     these empty slots worry me, am I missing something?
> - empty
> M8232
> M8231
> M8230
>     29
>     28
>      7
>      6
>      5
>      4
>      3
>      2
>      1
>     20
>     19
>     18
> M8237

The black book says that you have a complete CPU without FPU and OCS.
The "worrying" empty slots are for OCS (optional control store, for user
writable control store).

-- Ragge