Subject: Re: VAX 11/780 powered up and going :-) only a little :-(
To: Lawrence LeMay <lemay@cs.umn.edu>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/2002 21:40:33
Lawrence LeMay wrote:

> Just 11/780 floppies, or do you also need 11/785 floppies? I have a set
> i rescued last summer, various diagnostics and stuff.

Hi Lawrence, originally this was just the question if there is
some way to copy the floppies that I have. However, since my
11/780 is really a "convertible" (I "just" need to pick up that
KA785 backplane 650 miles from here.) So, if you have 11/785
disks spare, don't throw them away :-) I'm trying to get a
DSD440 drive, then I can program my PDP-8/A to copy 8" disks
(or I suppose I could do that with the VAX once I get its
hardware debugged.)

thanks
-Gunther

PS: what's cctalk@classiccmp.org? A new list? What are the rules
to post to either now?

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine