Subject: RE: Off-Topic: Goodbye to ftp.digital.com?
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Alex White <meltie@myrealbox.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2002 23:54:06
On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 22:01, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> 	Set up a blind drop for adding files? Then hopefully we can get
> other sites to mirror what you'll have. Isildur, how about someone dropping
> word of this project over at ClassicCmp? Or is that a no-no?

I considered it but Classiccmp has just undergone an implosion due to
Jay (list admin) getting pissed at the noise and volume of OT posts -
situation is delicate there at the moment. He's just killed the list and
resurrected it into two lists - one moderated and one un-moderated. The
moderated one feeds into the unmoderated one as well, so no-one looses
the good stuff. However, the atmosphere there is much the same as the
crackly static feeling you get just after a summer thunderstorm.
<stops writing the ironically OT postnow...>

Alex
--

My computer's heavier than yours.