Subject: QVSS board and monitor on MVII with NetBSD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <NA4G@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2002 15:04:23
Whilst perusing the qbus board pile I perchanced
upon a QVSS board and patch panel, and cable.
Now, thinking that it might be fun for us olde
myopic pfartes to view things on a 19 inch size
monitor rather than a little 12 inch thing, I
began to wonder if support was properly there in
the MVII with NetBSD (1.4.x or later) to use the
QVSS board and a mono/color(on green) monitor?
It would maybe make a good text monitor if the
font size was not too small.  Forget X on that
slow a machine.....(:+}}...

1.  Is support present in the generic kernel to
    run this thing?  I see all the video options
    turned on in the generic config script.

2.  What particulars are necessary to set it up
    on the MVII, if it does work?

3.  If it does work, what relative qbus position
    should it occupy?  I am expecting ahead of
    the HD controllers and maybe tape, but back
    of the ethernet?

Thanks

Bob