Subject: need info on SCD-RQD11/EC and WQESD/4 esdi qbus boards
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <NA4G@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/13/2002 00:19:16
I have been away from the vax list for half a
year or so, having retired from Moo U, but,
after running across a tired ol' MVII critter
in a BA123 cabinet, the urge to roll a VAX back
to life just couldn't be resisted.....(:+}}...

Anyway, I found two 4 drive esdi boards, almost
identical, one labelled SCD-RQD11/EC and the
other WQESD/4.  There are 3 jumper blocks on
them, and I am wondering how the switches should
be set.  The configuration I want is a tape
drive and 4 esdi drives, which will push the
BA123 fairly close to its limits.  The address
switches at N6 on the boards are set identically
but the small 4 block switches at W2 and X8 are
set differently.  Any pointers as to how they
should be set for all 4 esdi drives, are muchly
appreciated.

Any leads on docs for these boards would be
appreciated, too.

Thanks

Bob Keys/NA4G@aol.com

(There is something fun in finding a 1 buck VAX
 and bringing it back to life.....(:+}}...)