Subject: Re: DELQA Ethernet problem
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/11/2002 10:03:16
This was on a MV-III+ with the 1.5ZC kernel. I was compiling the kernel on
a NFS mounted filesystem. The message transmit logic died was displayed
three times, the machine paused for about 30 seconds, and it picked up
after that. During this time I could ping the VAX from the NFS server.

At 04:03 PM 5/11/02 +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>On Sat, 11 May 2002, Michael Thompson wrote:
>
>> It is also interesting to note that when the VAX says that the transmit
>> logic has died it stops what is was doing for about 30 seconds and then
>> picks up where it left off. During this time the VAX will respond to a
ping.

>> If the transmit logic has died how canit respond to a ping?
>
>Huh? It don't respond to pings. Not for me anyhow.
>But it don't stop for 30 seconds either. It stopd for a number of seconds,
>but nowhere near 30.
>Are you sure that it isn't just NFS which retransmits at a lower interval?
>
>	Johnny
>
>Johnny Billquist                  || "I'm on a bus
>                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
>email: bqt@update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books
>pdp is alive!                     ||  tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol

Michael Thompson
m_thompson@NOSPAMids.net