Subject: Re: DELQA Ethernet problem
To: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@gmx.de>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2002 13:35:49
The problem with oversized frames is fixed in the -current kernel. It
should be fixed in 1.5.3.
My KA655 still has a problem with the transmit logic with the 1.5ZC kernel.

At 03:10 PM 5/10/02 +0200, Felix Deichmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running NetBSD/vax 1.5.2 and there are problems concerning my ethernet
device.

>-- DMESG --
>
>NetBSD 1.5.2 (GENERIC) #7: Sun Aug 19 12:43:34 PDT 2001
>    matt@cougar.local:/u1/kobj/GENERIC
>
>MicroVAX 3500/3600
>qe0: discarding oversize frame (len=1980)
>qe0: discarding oversize frame (len=1980)

>qe0: xmit logic died, resetting...
>
>As you can see, I have problems with oversized frames, and also some
messages with "xmit logic died". The "oversized frames" only occur on
kernel bootup, the "xmit logic" sometimes during normal operation. Also
sometimes my connection to the NFS server is down. The problems with the
"ra" drives can be ignored, because I'm using an Emulex controller which is
not in use at the moment.
>I read that the ethernet problems could come from a wrong transceiver
cable, but I'm using a high quality cable together with a DESTA.
>And is it okay that the kernel recognizes a DEQNA although I'm using a DELQA?
>
>Help would be appreciated.
>
>Regards
>
>Felix

Michael Thompson