Subject: Re: DELQA Ethernet problem
To: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@gmx.de>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2002 09:07:34
On Fri, 10 May 2002, Felix Deichmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running NetBSD/vax 1.5.2 and there are problems concerning my ethernet device.
> qe0: xmit logic died, resetting...
> As you can see, I have problems with oversized frames, and also some messages with "xmit logic died". The "oversized frames" only occur on kernel bootup, the "xmit logic" sometimes during normal operation. Also sometimes my connection to the NFS server is down. The problems with the "ra" drives can be ignored, because I'm using an Emulex controller which is not in use at the moment.
> I read that the ethernet problems could come from a wrong transceiver cable, but I'm using a high quality cable together with a DESTA.
> And is it okay that the kernel recognizes a DEQNA although I'm using a DELQA?

The xmit logic error happens to all of us.  Why there hasn't been a fix
yet I don't know.  Wish I knew how to fix it myself.  Although this error
pops up from time to time, you'll be happy to know you're ethernet will
still work although when it resets you might drop your connection
occasionally.

--
-Linc Fessenden