Subject: Re: Analog I/O
To: Chuck Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2002 11:00:20
> I have what I think is an AD-11 compatible A/D board made by Data Translations
> (DT3382-DI). NetBSD does not seem to have a driver for this card. :-) (I think
> there are some analog I/O drivers in the 4.xBSD stuff, so I will probably look
> there.) What is the easiest way to get access to QBus I/O space? mmap it in? I
> know it might be very machine specific, but I want to get this board working in
> an MVIII so I can measure temperature in my house. (Sixteen channels, what a
> thermostat it will be....)

If you don't write a "real" driver for the card then mmap would be the
best way to deal with it. Unfortunately I haven't fixed neither /dev/kUmem
nor mmap of /dev/mem, but that should be trivial. Please replace the
mmmmap() in vax/vax/mem.c with the following, then you can mmap anything
you want to. Be careful, it's no problem to crash the system if you
mmap the wrong space :-)

paddr_t
mmmmap(dev_t dev, off_t off, int prot)
{