Subject: RZ-28 drives - problems adding them, and some spare
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/07/2002 13:34:26
I have just acquired six RZ-28 hard drives, and wish to put
two or three of them into my MicroVax 3100 m80. If I add one
of them, it shows up as expected when I do SHOW DEV. However,
if I add one or two extra drives then no drives are found
when I do SHOW DEV. Is this a SCSI ID or termination issue?
If so, how do I set the ID's or terminate an RZ-28?

I also want to add one to my VaxStation 3100 (in addition
to its 540Mb boot drive), although I don't know if I'm
going to run into the same problems there.

Three of the drives are surplus to my requirements, so if
anyone in the UK is interested in them then let me know.
They are 2.1Gb drives and two of them are in the plastic
boxes like the ones in an AlphaServer RAID array. They're
the full height drives, so they wont fit into something like
a VLC.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)