Subject: Re: MV3100/95 (was: Re: anyone care the help with installing OpenBS D on a 4000/300?)
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/2002 23:07:24
On Sat, 4 May 2002 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> And AFAIK that is the same as in the VS4k90. I have 128MB in my
> VS4k90. And I can put at least 5 disks in it....
> Uhhh. I _must_ get that beast. ;-)

8-) oh yeah!

> It comes in the same enclosure as the older MV3100. It looks like a
> VS3100, but a bit higher (15cm?) and has a flap on the front, that
> coveres two HH drive bays for things like TZ30...

ah cool, a BA42B.. i have a 3100/48 in one of those. yeah, they can take
a lot of disks!

> Maybe I have to offer some "services" like installing 4.3BSD-Tahoe on
> the MV3800 and 4.4BSD-Lite on a HP9000 400 that this person owns

nifty. tahoe on a 3800 is pretty cool. i have that running (tahoe on a
ka650 box basically), it is really zippy and pretty nice. my hacked up
tahoe running on a vax 4600 is still flaky in a lot of ways.. mostly problems
dealing with interrupts when probing the qbus.. i havent had time to
figure it out. when i first got it running, i got it running in a way
that stopped workign as soon as i took a card out! *sigh*

> also. He has no knowledge about VAXen, so he is thankfull if someone
> makes his machines doing more than sitting useless around. He is on the
> way creating a zoo like exhibition of old Unix and Lisp machines...

hahahah very cool. sounds like me! (the menagerie of old unix and lisp
machines hehe) (http://www.vaxpower.org/~isildur/computers.html for much
of my current collection, yes theres even a lisp machine!)

happy hacking,
isildur