Subject: Re: MV3100/95 (was: Re: anyone care the help with installing OpenBS
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/04/2002 19:44:24
On  3 May, Lord Isildur wrote:

> sweet!
Indeed.

> its 32 vups,
This will be a speedy VAX daemon.

> i dont know wht kind of memory but i suspect similar memory
> to the vax 4000/10x.
And AFAIK that is the same as in the VS4k90. I have 128MB in my
VS4k90. And I can put at least 5 disks in it....
Uhhh. I _must_ get that beast. ;-)

> do those still come in the BA42 enclosure or did dec change that at some
> point? ive never seen one.
It comes in the same enclosure as the older MV3100. It looks like a
VS3100, but a bit higher (15cm?) and has a flap on the front, that
coveres two HH drive bays for things like TZ30...

> nice machine though, congrats if you get it!
Maybe I have to offer some "services" like installing 4.3BSD-Tahoe on
the MV3800 and 4.4BSD-Lite on a HP9000 400 that this person owns
also. He has no knowledge about VAXen, so he is thankfull if someone
makes his machines doing more than sitting useless around. He is on the
way creating a zoo like exhibition of old Unix and Lisp machines...
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz