Subject: Re: anyone care the help with installing OpenBSD on a 4000/300?
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/2002 21:58:14
On 2002.05.02 19:36 Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > You should not ask for help installing OpenBSD on a NetBSD list. You
> > risk to be lynched. ;-)
> yes, i did consider that, but for the following reasons chose to post
> here anyway:
That is OK. Note that I have placed a ;-) at the end of my statement.
I have in my mind that some NetBSD folks, that where developers at the
time of the divorce, get a bit annoyed if they read "Help with OpenBSD"
on NetBSD lists... But, fortunately, it seams the the VAXomaniacs don't
care much about the Net- / OpenBSD "fight".

> from what i can tell from the piss poor documentation, it doesn't even
> seem that the KFQSA is supported by OpenBSD??  uhm, huh?
??? If the KFQSA is not supported, _no_ MSCP adapter is supported. This
can't be? Did you look into the GENERIC kernel config file of
OpenBSD/VAX? Is there no uda(4)?

> i really really really wish this documentation would surface.  support
> for the
> onboard DSSI in the 4k machines as well as general CI support would
> kick a major amount of ass.
Ohhh yes. I am willing to donate time to this project, but we need
doc...
--

tschüß,
         Jochen