Subject: Re: anyone care the help with installing OpenBSD on a 4000/300?
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/2002 19:36:53
On 2002.05.02 18:04 Brian Hechinger wrote:

> trying to install OpenBSD has been a completely painful experience.
You should not ask for help installing OpenBSD on a NetBSD list. You
risk to be lynched. ;-)

> but great joy, it doesn't see my RF72 at all.
Is the disk attached to a KFQSA or to the on board DSSI Adapter of the
VAX4k300 CPU?
DSSI devices are only supported when attached to a KFQSA (or a BI / XMI
equivalent). The Problem with "native" DSSI support is the lack of
documentation of the Systems Communication Architecture and CI/DSSI.
Once I had the idea to write this support, but came to the conclusion
that this is: a) A big task, as it needs the implementation of all /
most of the protocolls that are spoken on CI/DSSI and b) undoable
without proper documentation. This documentation is made out of
unobtainium.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen